By Harry G. Brittain
Even though the legitimate compendia outline a drug substance as to identification, purity, power, and caliber, they mostly don't supply different actual or chemical information, nor do they checklist tools of synthesis or pathways of actual or organic degradation and metabolism. Such details is scattered in the course of the clinical literature and the documents of pharmaceutical laboratories. Edited by means of the affiliate Director of Analytical study and improvement for the AmericanAssociation of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Analytical Profiles of Drug elements and Excipients brings this data jointly into one resource. The scope of the sequence has lately been elevated to incorporate profiles of excipient fabrics.
Read or Download Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances and Excipients, Volume 23 (Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances, Excipients, and Related Methodology) PDF
Similar chemistry books
This quantity features a diversity of subject matters similar to the activation and manipulation of pyrroles, the synthesis of annelated pyrroles utilizing acylation reactions and the synthesis of kainoids, a kin of hugely biologically energetic nitrogen heterocycles.
Content material: A century of polymer technological know-how and expertise / Herman F. Mark -- creation to polymer technological know-how and expertise / Charles E. Carraher, Jr. and Raymond B. Seymour -- Anionic polymerization / Maurice Morton -- Coordinated anionic polymerization and polymerization mechanisms / Frederick J. Karol -- contemporary advancements in cationic polymerization / Virgil Percec -- Emulsion polymerization / Gary W.
- The Fly in the Ointment: 70 Fascinating Commentaries on the Science of Everyday Life
- Handbook of Thermodynamic Diagrams, Volume 2 : Organic Compounds C5 to C7 (Vol 2) (Library of Physico-Chemical Property Data)
- Heuristics in chemical engineering (excerpt from Walas S. Chem. proc. equipment )
- Critical Solution Temperatures
- Integrative Phytochemistry: from Ethnobotany to Molecular Ecology
Additional resources for Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances and Excipients, Volume 23 (Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances, Excipients, and Related Methodology)
G. reaction with d y d r i n ) it is obvious fiom the chemistq that they will respond. Methods in which degradation products (other than polymers with an intact p-lactam ring) are unlikely to interfere, based on studies in the paper or on the chemistry of the , reaction, are: reaction with 2,3-dichloro-5,6-dicyano-p-benzoquinone complexation with cupric acetate , reaction with 2-nitrophenylhydrazine  and reaction with 4-aminophenazone [91,92]. Methods in which degradation products are likely to respond are: heating with paramolybdate or ammonium molybdate in sulphuric acid [93,94], heating with ammonium vanadate in concentrated sulphuric acid , reaction with njnhydrin [96,97], reaction with p-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde , reaction of the phenol ring with sodium nitrite , extraction into chloroform with N,N-dimethyl-p-phenylenediamine[ 1001, acid hydrolysis followed by reaction with haematoxylh and chloramine T [loll and reaction with Fob-Ciocalteau reagent [1021.
95. B. More&, A n d . , 20, 141 (1987). 96. K. K. Majumdar, Indian Drugs, 26, 370 (1989); Cheni. , 111, 180840 ( 1989). 97. L. Przyborowski, H. Hopkala and G. Misztal, Farm. , 39, 527 (1983); Chem. A h . , 100,79395 (1984). 98. A. P. Gandhi, P . C. Patel, Indian J Pharnt. , 41. 229 (1979). 99. S. S. G. Shewale, Hind. Antibiot. , 30,72 (1988); Chem. , 111,219349 (1989). 100. RT. Sane. RS. V. L. G. D. Nadkami, Indian Drugs, 22, 592 (1985); Chent. , 104, 10727 (1986). 10 1. P. Sastry, P. P. Sin& Mikrochini.
A. B. M. E. Damsma and E. Van der Kleijn, Znt. Congr. Ser. , 501 (serum cone. drugs), 195 (1980). 165. J. Carlqvist and D. Westerlund, J. , 164,373 (1979). 166. B. A. M. Baars and E. Van der Kleijn, J. , 145,496 (1978). 167. A. M. B. Vree, B. Van Klingeren and A. Rutgers, Phurm. Weekbl. Sci. ,1,95 (1979). 168. J. Nelis, J. Vandenbranden A. P. De Leenheer, Antimicrob. , 36, 1859 (1992). 169. R Erdmann, K. S. M. Canafax, J. Liq. , 13,3339 (1990). 170. K. L. Aronson, J. Assoc. Ofl Anal. , 71, 773 (1988); Chem.
Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances and Excipients, Volume 23 (Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances, Excipients, and Related Methodology) by Harry G. Brittain