By E. Feldman, R. Nelson

ISBN-10: 0721693156

ISBN-13: 9780721693156

Show description

Read Online or Download Canine and Feline Endocrinology and Reproduction PDF

Similar veterinary medicine books

Robin Allison, Glade Weiser, Mary Anna Thrall's Veterinary Hematology and Clinical Chemistry PDF

Veterinary Hematology and medical Chemistry, moment version is a well-illustrated, elementary reference on veterinary laboratory diagnostic strategies and interpretation. overlaying either hematology and chemistry for quite a lot of species, together with birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish, the ebook presents an summary of those severe veterinary talents.

Animal Welfare: Limping Towards Eden (UFAW Animal Welfare) - download pdf or read online

There was a up to date explosion of lively challenge in issues of animal welfare. The technological know-how at the back of animal welfare has stepped forward considerably, new codes of perform and laws have come into to being, and cutting edge tips on how to check welfare schemes for nutrients creation have emerged. a part of an incredible animal welfare sequence, Animal Welfare: Limping in the direction of Eden is John Webster’s new and groundbreaking paintings on animal welfare.

Download PDF by Antje Chang, Dietmar Schomburg, Ida Schomburg: Class 3 Hydrolases, EC 3.1-3.4.21 (Springer Handbook of

Content material: v. 1. type five: Isomerases -- v. 2. category 6: Ligases -- v. three. type four: Lyases I -- v. four. category four: Lyases II -- v. five. type four: Layases III -- v. 6. type three. four: Hydrolases I -- v. 7. type three. four: Hydrolases II -- v. eight. type three. four: Hydrolases III -- Index A: Synonym -- v. nine. classification three. 1: Hydrolases IV -- v.

Mineral nutrition of livestock by Neville F. Suttle PDF

The fourth variation of this significant ebook covers new advances in farm animals mineral nutrients, up-to-date with extra illustrations and extra fabric at the courting among cattle and guy. fresh advancements are mentioned, reminiscent of expanding the mineral price of feeds via ingredients and embellishing mineral availability by using natural resources of hint components.

Additional info for Canine and Feline Endocrinology and Reproduction

Sample text

Thirst mechanisms also involve interactions between extracellular fluid volume and osmolality. During periods of dehydration, increased plasma osmolality provides approximately 70% of the increased thirst drive, and the remaining 30% is due to hypovolemia. In salt depletion, the situation is less clear, but the normal drinking behavior or increased drinking observed in experimental animals has been attributed to the associated hypovolemia (Ramsay, 1983). Miscellaneous Factors. A variety of nonosmotic and nonhemodynamic factors may also stimulate AVP secretion.

Hypovolemia stimulates renin secretion, which promotes angiotensin formation. The relative roles of the direct baroreceptor input versus angiotensin mechanisms in the thirst response to extracellular dehydration have yet to be determined. Interaction of Plasma Osmolality and Blood Volume. Normal day-to-day regulation of water balance involves interaction between osmotic and volume stimuli. In the case of vasopressin secretion, decreases in extracellular fluid volume sensitize the release of vasopressin to a given osmotic stimulus.

These disorders resemble primary NDI but are referred to as acquired or secondary, because AVP, AVP receptor sites, and postreceptor mechanisms responsible for water absorption are present. PYOMETRA. Bacterial endotoxins, especially those associated with Escherichia coli, can compete with AVP for its binding sites on the renal tubular membrane, causing a potentially reversible renal tubular insensitivity to AVP. The kidneys have an impaired ability to concentrate urine and conserve water, and polyuria with compensatory polydipsia develops.

Download PDF sample

Canine and Feline Endocrinology and Reproduction by E. Feldman, R. Nelson


by Paul
4.2

Rated 4.75 of 5 – based on 16 votes