By Mostafa Salama, Mrutyunjaya Panda, Yomna Elbarawy, Aboul Ella Hassanien, Ajith Abraham (auth.), Ajith Abraham (eds.)
This booklet is the second one of 3 volumes that illustrate the concept that of social networks from a computational perspective. The ebook includes contributions from a foreign number of world-class specialists, focusing on issues in terms of defense and privateness (the different volumes evaluate Tools, views, and Applications, and Mining and Visualization in CSNs). issues and contours: offers the most recent advances in safeguard and privateness concerns in CSNs, and illustrates how either enterprises and members may be protected against real-world threats; discusses the layout and use of a variety of computational instruments and software program for social community research; describes simulations of social networks, and the illustration and research of social networks, with a spotlight on problems with protection, privateness, and anonymization; presents adventure stories, survey articles, and intelligence thoughts and theories when it comes to particular difficulties in community technology.
Read Online or Download Computational Social Networks: Security and Privacy PDF
Similar security books
The becoming significant desire for potent info defense Governance
With monotonous regularity, headlines announce ever extra excellent mess ups of data defense and mounting losses. The succession of company debacles and dramatic regulate mess ups in recent times underscores the need for info safeguard to be tightly built-in into the material of each association. the security of an organization's most useful asset info can not be relegated to low-level technical team of workers, yet has to be thought of a necessary part of company governance that's severe to organizational luck and survival.
Written by means of an specialist, info safety Governance is the 1st book-length therapy of this crucial subject, delivering readers with a step by step method of constructing and dealing with a good details safeguard application.
Beginning with a basic evaluate of governance, the booklet covers:
• The company case for info security
• Defining roles and responsibilities
• constructing strategic metrics
• selecting details safeguard outcomes
• environment safeguard governance objectives
• constructing possibility administration objectives
• constructing a cheap safeguard strategy
• A pattern method development
• the stairs for enforcing a good strategy
• constructing significant defense application improvement metrics
• Designing appropriate info protection administration metrics
• Defining incident administration and reaction metrics
Complemented with motion plans and pattern guidelines that reveal to readers how one can placed those principles into perform, details safety Governance is quintessential studying for any expert who's all in favour of details safeguard and coverage.
The security and safety in Multiagent platforms (SASEMAS) sequence of workshops that came about from 2004-2006 supplied a discussion board for the alternate of rules and dialogue on components concerning the security and safety of multiagent platforms. particularly, the workshops explored concerns concerning the advance and deployment of secure and safe brokers and multiagents platforms with themes starting from definitions of security and safety for unmarried brokers or whole platforms to verification/validation of agent and multiagent structures to layout, mechanisms and deployment to consumer requisites, agent habit, and belief.
Why do international locations visit warfare over disputed lands? Why do they struggle even if the territories in query are economically and strategically valueless? Drawing on serious methods to diplomacy, political geography, overseas legislation, and social heritage, and in keeping with a detailed exam of the Indian event in the course of the twentieth century, Itty Abraham addresses those vital questions and provides a brand new conceptualization of international coverage as a country territorializing perform.
- Food Security Issues in the Arab Near East. A Report of the United Nations Economic Commission for Western Asia
- ISSE 2015: Highlights of the Information Security Solutions Europe 2015 Conference
- The Psychology of Nuclear Proliferation: Identity, Emotions and Foreign Policy
- Essential Cybersecurity Science: Build, Test, and Evaluate Secure Systems
- Computer Security – ESORICS 2011: 16th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, Leuven, Belgium, September 12-14,2011. Proceedings
- From Berlin to Baghdad: America's Search for Purpose in the Post-cold War World
Additional resources for Computational Social Networks: Security and Privacy
Accessed on 2012 36. : Polyphonet: an advanced social network extraction system from the web. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on World Wide Web (www 06), New York, pp. 397–406 (2006) 37. : Foundations of attack trees. 186–198 (2005) 38. : Socializing securely: using social networking services. United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT ), Washington, DC (2011) 39. : Towards a theory of privacy for the information age. SIGCAS Comput. Soc. 40(2), 31–34 (2010) 40. : Declarative analysis of noisy information networks.
The privacy levels picked by all N users for the n profile items are stored in an n N response matrix, <. The rows of < correspond to profile items and the columns correspond to users. Privacy Algorithm The privacy index of a user quantifies the user’s privacy risk caused by his privacy settings. The basic privacy risks are the following: • The more sensitive information a user reveals, the higher his privacy risk • The more people know some piece of information about a user, the higher his privacy risk The privacy risk of user j is defined in terms of two parameters: the sensitivity of the user’s profile items, and the visibility these items set.
59. 60. 61. note id=324110600939875. org/wiki/Betweenness. com. : The role of friends appearance and behaviour on evaluations of individuals on facebook: are we known by the company we keep? Hum. commun. Res. 34, 28–49 (2008) 62. : Terrorism: toward an overarched account and prevention with a special reference to pendulum interplay between both parties. Aggress. Viol. Behav. 12(3), 259–279 (2007) 63. : SybilGuard: defending against sybil attacks via social networks. SIGCOMM’06 16(3), 576–589 (2006) Chapter 2 Security, Privacy, and Trust in Social Networks Komathy Karuppanan Abstract Millions of people worldwide are connected through networked digital infrastructure that grows increasingly sophisticated and contextually rich.
Computational Social Networks: Security and Privacy by Mostafa Salama, Mrutyunjaya Panda, Yomna Elbarawy, Aboul Ella Hassanien, Ajith Abraham (auth.), Ajith Abraham (eds.)