By Jeff Chu
Does Jesus rather Love Me?: A homosexual Christian's Pilgrimage looking for God in America is an element memoir and half investigative research that explores the explosive and complicated intersection of religion, politics, and sexuality in Christian America.
The quest to discover a solution is on the middle of Does Jesus quite Love Me?—a own trip of trust, an research, and a portrait of a religion and a country at odds via award-winning reporter Jeff Chu.
From Brooklyn to Nashville to California, from Westboro Baptist Church and their “God Hates Fags” protest indicators, to the pioneering Episcopalian bishop Mary Glasspool—who broadcasts a message of liberation and divine love, Chu captures non secular snapshots of Christian the US at a extraordinary second, while tensions among either side within the tradition wars have hardly ever been higher.
Funny and heartbreaking, confusing and clever, Does Jesus quite Love Me? is an highbrow, emotional, and religious pilgrimage that unearths a state in crisis.
Read or Download Does Jesus Really Love Me?: A Gay Christian's Pilgrimage in Search of God in America PDF
Similar religion books
The modern vintage the hot York occasions ebook assessment referred to as “a thought-provoking [and] perceptive guide,” Who Wrote the Bible? by means of Richard E. Friedman is an engaging, highbrow, but hugely readable research and research into the authorship of the previous testomony. the writer of statement at the Torah, Friedman delves deeply into the heritage of the Bible in a scholarly paintings that's as interesting and staggering as a superb detective novel.
Initially released in 1933, Conversion is a seminal research of the psychology and situations of conversion from approximately 500 B. C. E. to approximately four hundred A. D. A. D. Nock not just discusses early Christianity and its converts, but in addition examines non-Christian religions and philosophy, the skill wherein they attracted adherents, and the criteria influencing and proscribing their good fortune.
- Christian-Muslim Relations. A Bibliographical History Volume 8. Northern and Eastern Europe (1600-1700)
- The Ending of Time: Where Philosophy and Physics Meet
- John Knox
- Resurrection as Anti-Imperial Gospel. 1 Thessalonians 1.9b-10 in Context
- Silence: A Christian History
Extra info for Does Jesus Really Love Me?: A Gay Christian's Pilgrimage in Search of God in America
12. Bosman, "Guinea," in Pinkerton, vol. XVI, p. 494; J. L. Wilson, "W. ," p. 218; Burton, "W. and W. fr. W. ," p. 331. 13. Ward, "Hindoos," vol. II, p. 195, etc. 14. Clavigero, "Messico," vol. II, p. 69. J. G. Miiller, p. 631. 15. Ward, vol. II, p. 194; "Mem. Anthrop. ," vol. I, p. 332. 16. Williams, "Fiji," vol. I, p. 226. 17. J. L. Wilson, "W. ," p. 218. 18. Manu, iii, 212. See also "Avesta," tr. Spiegel, vol. II, p. Ixxvii (sacrificial cakes eaten by priest). 19. Ysbrants Ides, "Reize naar China," p.
I. 317. 48. Porphyr. de Abstinentia, ii, 42; see 58. 49. Stanley, "Jewish Church," 2d Sen, pp. 410, 424. See Kalisch on Leviticus; Barry in Smith's Dictionary of the Bible, art. " 50. Callaway, "Religion of Amazulu," p. 11 (amadhlozi or amatongo = ancestral spirits). 51. Roman Pane, ch. xvi, in "Life of Colon," in Pinkerton, vol. XII, p. 86. Rochefort, "lies Antilles," p. 418; see Meiners, vol. II, p. 516; J. G. Muller, p. 212. 52. "Journ. Ind. ," vol. IV, p. 194. 35 Understanding Religious Sacrifice 53.
181. Hennepin, "Voyage," p. 302. Charlevoix, "Nouvelle France," vol. V, p. 311; VI, p. 178. Schoolcraft, "Ind. Tribes," part i, p. 49, part ii, p. 127. Catlin, vol. I, pp. 181, 229. Morgan, "Iroquois," p. 164. J. G. Muller, p. 58. 33. Rochefort, "lies Antilles," pp. 418, 507. Lery, "Voy. en Bresil," p. 268. See also Musters in "Journ. Anthrop. ," vol. I, p. 202 (Patagonians). 34. Callaway, "Religion of Amazulu," pp. 11, 141, 177. See also Casalis, "Basutos," p. 258. 35. Clavigero, "Messico," vol.
Does Jesus Really Love Me?: A Gay Christian's Pilgrimage in Search of God in America by Jeff Chu