By Juan C. Samper
Positioned the foundations of fine breeding administration into perform with Equine Breeding administration and synthetic Insemination, second variation for reproductive luck! useful info at the reproductive administration of either thoroughbred and warmblood breeding operations prepares you to successfully breed even challenge mares and stallions. Plus, distinctive content material on suggestions, systems, reproductive body structure, and extra assist you raise reproductive potency in addition to music and increase your effects all through every one breeding season.
- A part on replica potency evaluate incorporates a worksheet to guage the functionality of either mares and stallions in the course of every one breeding season, and is helping you evaluate reproductive functionality with prior breeding seasons.
- Detailed descriptions of techniques and methods together with embryo move, man made insemination, and extra allow you to enforce the tools for larger breeding effects.
- Practical details on reproductive administration of either thoroughbred and warmblood breeding operations improve the fertility of challenge mares and stallions.
- World-renowned authors and members with years of sensible wisdom and adventure supply state-of-the-art details.
- Vibrant full-color layout and pictures convey actual representations of medical appearance.
- Chapters protecting the most recent reproductive innovations enhance possibilities of profitable breeding, and increase survival premiums after the beginning of the foal.
- Vital chapters with details on spotting power difficulties assist you fast establish indications prior to fertility is negatively affected.
Read or Download Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination PDF
Similar veterinary medicine books
Veterinary Hematology and scientific Chemistry, moment variation is a well-illustrated, elementary reference on veterinary laboratory diagnostic strategies and interpretation. masking either hematology and chemistry for quite a lot of species, together with birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish, the e-book presents an outline of those severe veterinary talents.
There was a up to date explosion of lively drawback in issues of animal welfare. The technological know-how at the back of animal welfare has stepped forward considerably, new codes of perform and laws have come into to being, and leading edge ways to determine welfare schemes for meals creation have emerged. a part of a big animal welfare sequence, Animal Welfare: Limping in the direction of Eden is John Webster’s new and groundbreaking paintings on animal welfare.
Content material: v. 1. category five: Isomerases -- v. 2. classification 6: Ligases -- v. three. category four: Lyases I -- v. four. classification four: Lyases II -- v. five. classification four: Layases III -- v. 6. category three. four: Hydrolases I -- v. 7. type three. four: Hydrolases II -- v. eight. category three. four: Hydrolases III -- Index A: Synonym -- v. nine. category three. 1: Hydrolases IV -- v.
The fourth variation of this significant ebook covers new advances in farm animals mineral food, up to date with extra illustrations and extra fabric at the dating among cattle and guy. fresh advancements are mentioned, similar to expanding the mineral worth of feeds by means of ingredients and adorning mineral availability by using natural resources of hint components.
- Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Fowler's Zoo and Wild Animal Medicine. Volume 8
- Animal diseases in archaeology
- Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion: Equine Theriogenology
Extra info for Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination
METHODS OF SEMEN COLLECTION Semen can be collected from stallions in four ways: (1) use of a condom, (2) pharmacologically induced ejaculation, (3) use of an AV, or (4) manual manipulation of the penis. Under certain circumstances, it may be necessary to use any one of these methods. However, for routine collection of semen for commercial use, the collection of semen using an AV is the method of choice. The Condom Semen collected using the condom method is heavily contaminated by bacteria and debris.
J Biol Chem 277:31283, 2002. Kawamura K, Kumagai J, Sudo S, et al: Paracrine regulation of mammalian oocyte maturation and male germ cell survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101:7323, 2004. Klonisch T, Steger K, Kehlen A, et al: INSL3 ligand-receptor system in the equine testis. Biol Reprod 68:1975, 2003. Bardin CW, Shaha C, Mather J, et al: Identification and possible function of pro-opiomelanocortin-derived peptides in the testis. Ann N Y Acad Sci 438:346, 1984. Soverchia L, Mosconi G, Ruggeri B, et al: Proopiomelanocortin gene expression and β-endorphin localization in the pituitary, testis and epididymis of stallion.
Mortimer CH, Besser GM, McNeilly AS, et al: Luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone-releasing hormone test in patients with hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal dysfunction. BMJ 4:73, 1973. Mecklenburg RS, Sherins RJ: Gonadotropin response to luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone in men with germinal aplasia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 38:1005, 1974. Turner D, Turner EA, Schwarzstein L, Aparicio NJ: Response of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone to different doses of synthetic luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone by intramuscular administration in normal and oligospermic men: Preliminary report.
Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination by Juan C. Samper