By Viktor V. Zhdankin
Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry is the 1st accomplished textual content overlaying all the major points of the chemistry of natural and inorganic polyvalent iodine compounds, together with purposes in chemical examine, drugs, and industry.
Providing a complete review of the practise, houses, and artificial purposes of this significant classification of reagents, the textual content is gifted within the following way:
- The introductory chapter presents a historical background and describes the general category of iodine compounds, nomenclature, hypervalent bonding, structural gains, and the rules of reactivity of polyvalent iodine compounds.
- Chapter 2 gives a close description of the preparative tools and structural features of all identified periods of natural and inorganic derivatives of polyvalent iodine.
- Chapter three, the key bankruptcy of the booklet, offers with the numerous applications of hypervalent iodine reagents in natural synthesis.
- Chapter four describes the main recent achievements in hypervalent iodine catalysis.
- Chapter 5 bargains with recyclable polymer-supported and nonpolymeric hypervalent iodine reagents.
- Chapter 6 covers the "green" reactions of hypervalent iodine reagents less than solvent-free stipulations or in aqueous solutions.
- The ultimate bankruptcy provides an outline of the real practical applications of polyvalent iodine compounds in drugs and industry.
This publication is aimed toward all chemists attracted to iodine compounds, together with educational and commercial researchers in inorganic, natural, actual, medicinal, and organic chemistry. it is going to be really beneficial to man made natural and inorganic chemists, together with graduate and complicated undergraduate scholars. It comprehensively covers the golf green chemistry elements of hypervalent iodine chemistry, making it in particular precious for commercial chemists.
Read Online or Download Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry: Preparation, Structure, and Synthetic Applications of Polyvalent Iodine Compounds PDF
Best inorganic books
The chemistry, manufacture, and makes use of of the strong point chemical resorcinol (1,3-dihy droxybenzene) have a wealthy historical past, kind, and present curiosity. This e-book is meant to be the 1st specified assessment of this product. the varied references and the Index given within the e-book are meant to aid clients of resorcinol and resorcinol derivatives of their paintings, maybe even to assist within the improvement of recent rules.
Either extreme temperature molten salts and room temperature ionic drinks (collectively termed liquid salts) have designated homes, together with strong warmth potential, reliable electric conductivity and, every now and then, chemical catalytic houses. they're severe for the effective construction and processing of many alternative fabrics, for instance the electrolytic extraction and refining of aluminium and silicon, quite very important within the submit fossil gas period.
In 1913, English physicist Henry Moseley tested a sublime strategy for "counting" the weather in keeping with atomic quantity, ranging them from hydrogen (#1) to uranium (#92). It quickly turned transparent, even though, that seven parts have been mysteriously lacking from the lineup--seven parts unknown to technology.
- Name Reactions: A Collection of Detailed Reaction Mechanisms
- Fluorine and Health. Molecular Imaging, Biomedical Materials and Pharmaceuticals
- Comprehensive Chemical Kinetics Reactions of Non-Metallic Inorganic Compounds
- The chemistry of silica : solubility, polymerization, colloid and surface properties, and biochemistry
- Metal carbenes in organic synthesis
Extra resources for Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry: Preparation, Structure, and Synthetic Applications of Polyvalent Iodine Compounds
4 summarizes the preparation methods for organic iodosyl compounds. 1 Preparation by Oxidation of Organic Iodides Aryl iodides smoothly react with dimethyldioxirane (DMDO) in acetone to give mainly, depending on the amount of DMDO, iodosyl- or iodylarenes, which precipitate from the solution . 4 Preparation of organo-iodosyl compounds. 9) . 10) . Upon raising the temperature to –40 ◦ C, in the presence of moisture iodosylmethane decomposes to form the unstable hypoiodous acid, HOI, which can be trapped in situ by an alkene to afford iodohydrins.
B. C. (1991) Journal of the American Chemical Society, 113, 7277. 168. N. V. (2005) New Journal of Chemistry, 29, 998. 169. , et al. (2004) Chemical Communications, 106. 170. , et al. (2006) Journal of Organic Chemistry, 71, 8452. 171. , et al. (2003) ARKIVOC, (vi), 191. 172. B. and Nieuwenhuyzen, M. (1997) Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 2, 589. 173. , et al. (2011) Journal of Organic Chemistry, 76, 3812. 174. R. -G. (2008) Chemical Communications, 6131. 175. , et al. (2003) Journal of the American Chemical Society, 125, 13006.
DiMagno and coauthors reported a convenient procedure for almost quantitative generation of PhIF2 in acetonitrile solution by the reaction of PhI(OAc)2 with anhydrous tetrabutylammonium fluoride under absolutely dry conditions . 3 Structural Studies Only several structural studies of organo-iododifluorides, RIF2 , have been reported in the literature. 4(2)◦ . 2). 45 A ). Theoretical studies of CF3 IF2 by ab initio and DFT (density functional theory) calculations have also been reported .
Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry: Preparation, Structure, and Synthetic Applications of Polyvalent Iodine Compounds by Viktor V. Zhdankin